Saturday, January 9, 2010

Review: Fruits of the Bloom

I recently made a purchase from Fruits of the Bloom on Etsy. In fact I made the purchase a week ago and received our beautiful infant and children bracelets today! That is what I consider fast shipping.

Now if you are like me then you adore all things Etsy. But it can be difficult to wade through all of the shops when there is so much diversity and price ranges. Look no further for your girly needs! This shop has everything from affordable bridal jewelry to infant jewelry and even gorgeous hair accessories.

I really loved how the items came packaged. It was like getting a present in the mail. The jewelry was in a nice, sturdy box rather than just thrown in a clear baggy and everything was tied up with pretty pink ribbons!






It even came with a beautiful hand-written card! I love hand-written notes. It adds such a personal touch. You can tell these creators really cherish the items they create. I know that when I create something it can be hard to let go, as though it is an extension of myself. When I get something handmade, as weird as this may sound, I feel as though I should be more careful to cherish it as though it were a living thing, as though I've adopted it from the creator and not purchased it.

Elaina was right there when I opened up the box and she was so excited to put her bracelet on and wear it today. Hers was the 4-5 year old bracelet:



Abigail was taking a nap when the mail came but big sister ran up with Abby's bracelet to show her! Abigail was very excited and the first thing she said was, "It's PINK!" Hers was the 2-3 year old sized bracelet.



Miss Zoƫ was asleep in my arms so I tried to get as good a shot as I could. Her package came as a set of two infant bracelets:


I stretched the bracelets and inspected them when they arrived. I'm very impressed with how durable they seem. These are stretch bracelets with a nice, thick string. They fit my daughters' wrists perfect, just as described too. Overall we're very happy with our purchase! I've been looking for child-sized and infant-sized bracelets on Etsy for a long time and am grateful to have such wonderful artisans create these beautiful pieces that will become heirloom pieces for each of my girls. Maybe one day their own daughters will don them!

My hand-written note said to stay tuned for more bracelets coming to the shop, including some Mommy-and-Me sets. You can purchase your own bracelets and other accessories by visiting Fruit of the Bloom. Truly a Girly Girl shop!



Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review and the items mentioned above were purchased by me. These are simply my honest opinions and feelings about the items above.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,

    I just noticed I'm holding my breath because of having it taken away in awe of this honor! How unexpected, and overwhelming (if you were here you'd witness perma-grins and dances of joy!)! Caitlin and I had no idea we would be able to see your girls wearing their bracelets AND hear such a glowing report on Fruits of the Bloom's products?!!

    Your daughter's are so beautiful, and we are so very pleased to bring a smile to their sweet faces! We know how little time mommy's have--we have our own little family treasure, my 7 month old niece (who inspires and test drives our girly trove of accessories!), so we realize the effort you have gone through to take pictures and document our product! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! ;o)

    Caitlin and I are so honored to wrap up your favorite girls in bows and bracelets! We love custom orders and color requests--we are committed to go to every effort to make you happy! Thank you for this unexpected jolt of joy--it's certain you were named appropriately!

    Gratefully Yours,
    Loren and Caitlin McCraney
    FruitsOFtheBLooM.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I'll have to get some for Miss Pink:)

    ReplyDelete

If you leave an anonymous comment PLEASE include your email address so that I may contact you in the event that you win.

Search This Blog